Description: This picture shows a car barn that once stood at Flatbush and Tilden Avenues. The barn housed horse-drawn trolleys that provided transportation between Fulton Ferry, the town of Flatbush, Coney Island, and other parts of Kings County. The small boy holding the lunch pail is James Monell, the original owner of this picture, who lived on Erasmus Street.
Citation: Car barn, Flatbush at Tilden, circa 1885, V1972.1.830; Early Brooklyn and Long Island photograph collection, ARC.201; Brooklyn Historical Society.
Download Images (right-click 'save as…'): Image Link