From the BHS Archives
Each week, we share an interesting or curious image from the BHS Archives on the BHS Blog.
Photo of the Week:
The photo of the week depicts a view of Fulton Street, including the Majestic Theater, in the Fort Greene neighborhood of Brooklyn in 1959. The Majestic Theater opened in 1904 and was known for a variety of theatrical performances, including opera, musicals, and vaudeville. By 1942, the Majestic Theater became a first-run movie theater, and later a church. Not long after this photograph was taken (in 1968), the Majestic Theater closed its doors permanently, and remained that way for two decades.
What resides in the former Majestic Theater today? BHS Blog...
[View of Fulton Street.], 1959, V1974.9.13; John D. Morrell photographs, ARC.005; Brooklyn Historical Society.
|BHS is pleased to partner with:|